Where is all the music?

I need help! I'm planning an Eagle COH and making a video to show during the program. I want Scout music for the video.

Vespers, Scouting Thunder, etc.

But I can't find anything except one Sousa song from 1916 and one Burl Ives song.

Anybody able to shed some light on this?

My local Scout office referred me to Scoutstuff, with no results.

Is Scout music AN ORAL HISTORY??

Leslie

I know what you mean about the music. I have Burl Ives singing "Boy Scouts of America" as well as the "On my Honor" song and Taps. I could send you a cassete tape if you want it.

For my sons Eagle, we had a bagpiper play Scouting Thunder,almost all bagpipers know it, just ask for "Scotland the Brave", its the same thing.

aneaglemom,

I have a suggestion for your slide show music. Ask your son. No sarcasm intended. For my sons' Eagle ceremony (I have two sons who will get this honor next year), we're planning to use some Christian music that we feel reflects our boys lives and their attitude. "Let Mercy Lead" by Rich Mullins and "Shine" by Newsboys. One song that Camp Rodney (North East, MD) uses for their end of camp slide show is - Good Riddance by Greenday. I like this as opposed to the Boy Scout songs because its more personalized (plus a lot more upbeat). Listen to some music with your kid and see if you can find something special (just for your son). Just a thought...

For my son's Eagle, I recited "Good Riddance" by Greenday with a few editorial changes, by the comments I got from the scouts, it went over well.

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road

Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go

So make the best of this test and don't ask why

It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right

I hope you had the time of your life

So take the photographs and still-frames in your mind

Hang it on a shelf of good health and good time

Tattoos of memories and dead skin on the trial

For what it's worth, it was worth all the while

I hope you HAVE the time of your life

I hope you had the time of your life

I hope you HAVE the time of your life

(for those of you who dont know which song we are talking about)

Anglemon, I received an email (sorry the return failed) about where I found teton music. Afew years ago I had heard an Eagle Court of Honor CD. It was produced by a scouter in The Great Salt Lake Area and it was for sale on the council website. I did not buy it at the time but now I can't locate the CD.

Please don't take this as soliciting, but by way of information, my wife is the composer of "The American Scout" produced by our company, Teton Music. It was written to be used in a variety of venues, but is particularly appropriate at Eagle Courts. We do offer discounts to councils and scouters intereted in purchasing the music.

Did your Eagle go to Philmont?

If so, he might enjoy the collection of music (Philsongs: Remembered Days) found on Philmont Staff Association website: http://www.philstaff.com/noname.html. I haven't heard the CD, yet, but enjoyed the pleasure of jamming with some of these guys many moons ago and I can't wait to get my copy.

Also more at http://www.philstaff.com/music.html

-mike(This message has been edited by Mike F)