Can I sing with others from "X" Wood Badge Patrol if I did not yet receive my beads???

Wait a minute

Let me get something staight here...

GNX Guy - you mean to tell me that you were not taught Back To Gilwell at Wood Badge? Do you not remember singing? If you sung Back To Gilwell at Wood Badge, why would it be inappropriate to sing after the course with fellow Wood Badgers even before you earn your beads. Maybe I just don't get the question.

Anyway - to the best of my knowledge, I know of no "rules" of any kind regarding Back To Gilwell. It's just a song... And as I understand it, the meaning of the song is to remind us of our continued goals to achieve in Scouting, whether we have our beads or not!

Need I address the issue of critter superiority? Soaring eagles continue to reach the greatest heights of all, resting on their aeries with a bird's eye view - We see the big picture.

Eagle Pete

I agree with eagle-pete.

We sang the Wood Badge song ALL the time at Wood Badge. It was one of the first things we were taught.

So I sing with it all the time even though I haven't finished my ticket yet.

"I used to be a Fox

and a good old Fox to

but now I'm finished Foxing,

I don't know what to do!

I'm growing old and feeble

and I can Fox no more

so I'm going to work my ticket if I can!"

The lyrics clearly indicate you're SUPPOSED to sing it before you earn your beads ("...I'm going to work my ticket if I can...").

Now, I was admonished at a District Dinner some years ago that we Wood Badgers shouldn't sing it in a group where non-Wood Badgers were present...they might be offended. We did, and they weren't.

KS

Once a WB'er is in training, singing is generally required irregardless of the location or the situation. I can remember being asked to sing with a bunch of Bob Whites once even though I am a Bear. I carefully considered what I was doing even though it probably looked kind of funny. It just takes a while to get in step when one is kind of clumsy. fb