Just got back from my 1st Wood Badge Weekend

All I can say is OMG, it was great. I went there thinking I'd loose a few pounds over the weekend. I ended up gaining 4.5 lbs. The food was great. Guess it's a good thing when the quartermaster owns a resturant. :)

Training was awesome, staff was outstanding, my patrol was great. Been along time since I've laughed so much and had so much fun. I can't wait for the 2nd weekend. Heck, I might sign up for next years class too.

Oh, and I AM an Eagle

Hey GNX Guy,

I got home last night about 8 pm from my 1st session of C-39-06. Great time. And I only got "reprimanded" once. The service patrol left their shovel behind after a session, and our patrol took it for safe keeping and embellished it with orange duct tape all over it before returning it to the service patrol.

I just wished there was more time to get to know other people taking the course. There a lot of folks that are in the Cub Scout Program, and with me being the only one in a Venturing uniform, I had a few folks ask me if I was a member of the Royal Mounted Canadian BP Scouts :o)

Oh and I'm a Squawking Boisterous Bob White

Cary P

I finished the first w/e of the NE-IV-187 course a week ago. It was a great experience with wonderful staff and fun times! But it also was very exhausting! We had our first patrol meeting yesterday and it went very well. All great people and we work together well.

I finished writing my ticket yesterday and sent it to the Troop Guide for review; just waiting for her feedback...because feedback is a gift!

Oh, and I am an Owl, a Wise Owl!

Hooo Hooo!

GNX,

Try staffing the course and having to show up on either Monday night or Tuesday morning. We eat twice the good food the participants do from Friday thru Sunday.

I am doing Weight Watchers and had lost 30 lbs before going. I was worried what kind of "damage" I had done. When I went in for my weigh in a week later, I only had a 1.6 lbs gain. I was a happy Beaver.

I'm happy to hear that your first weekend was great. The staff members from my WoodBadge course put together a 3-DVD set, which I just received - I've only been able to watch a small portion, but I certainly enjoy remembering that first weekend again.

Congratulations on participating in WoodBadge - I've never regretted it for an instant. And, if you can believe it, I felt the second weekend was just as good, if not better in some ways, that the first weekend.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think once you've completed the course and are working on your ticket.

Tom

C-44-06: I used to be a FOX

SR540Beaver,

I just got done with my 1st weekend as 1st time staff too and was worried about weight gain too..I'm not used to eating 3 meals a day! However, our QM was very conscious of "portion size" so I was able to get through the weekend without overeating..I know I burned a lot of calories though too..

Sue M.

I Used to be a Beaver...who is now trying to herd a flock of Eagles back to their nest!!

• 2 weeks later...

My 2nd weekend as a staffer was also a blast! I was really stunned by the amount of appreciation that the participants expressed to the staff for all the work that we put into making it as much a "mountain top" experience as we could. I was not sure I was going to be able to make it through the final handshake with them without tears! It's like watching your children go off on their first day of school!! I can't wait to see them graduate and get their beads!

Sue M.