FastFingers; can you email me a contact at Idaho State that is involved with this? I've made some initial contacts locally to see what can be done to gain ACE credit recommendation for Woodbadge participants. (I had anticipated maybe using this for a Woodbadge ticket, but my participation in a WB course has taken a back seat to degree work, work commitments, a remodeling project, and regular scouting commitments)

• 2 weeks later...

Any school or college MAY offer you credit for Wood Badge, usually in Management or Outdoor Leadership, but it may not help you much, if you are going for a degree in another area.

Colleges have the option of recognizing ANY prior training or experience, provided it is a good fit with your overall aim or degree sought.

Dave

NH Bobwhite is correct, even if he/she (?) is a bobwhite (kidding).

This is just a non-educated guess, but it seems to me that a college that offers credit for a Wood Badge course had to be instigated by a professor or administrator who happened to be impressed enough to incorporate it into the curriculum. That says a lot about Wood Badge!

It may even be possible to propose this to a college that doesn't currently offer credit for a Wood Badge course. It is possible that there may be a Wood Badger employed at the college who simply hasn't thought of it yet. I would ask around. Speak to advisors or faculty members who are over the curriculum. They may be more open to the possibility than you might think.

Eagle Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Wood Badge may also be included in a portfoilio of prior learning that is evaluated for credit. Many institutions have a process to award credit for prior learning in addition to CLEP and Dantes testing. Some of the same schools will also help prospective students put together portfolios which include the kinds of things they have learned and in what ways that prior learning relates to the college's courses or academic programs.

It's always a good idea to check these things out with your local college or university -- you might be surprised how many credits you might earn for the things you've already experienced!