Ok, Here it is, my question.

I finished my ticket and was supposed to be beaded at Day Camp. Well, it didn't happen. Our CD was called in to work and my TG was at Philmont. Now I have no idea where to have my beading. I just changed packs so I don't really know the new pack that well and the CM of the new pack went to the same course and is still working her ticket. Roundtable might be ok or maybe I could be beaded on the first day of the next woodbadge course in front of the participants so they know what they are working to. I don't know, Day camp was my preference but the next one is a year away. I need something that moves me.

Kristi

Edited part: My main position now is Day Camp Director, that is why I prefered Day camp. Thought I should add that.(This message has been edited by cajuncody)

Getting beaded at day camp would have been the best thing. It can also happen at the distric dinner, roundtable, boy scout camp, camporee, or at any other scout activity.

People have their beading at an event that is meaningful to THEM.

I've seen a lot at roundtables, but have seen it done at camporees, district dinners, woodbadge breakfasts/reunions, university of scouting, troop meetings, etc.

One patrol in my course worked to all complete their tickets around the same time, and the whole group got beaded during a camporee (at a separate event, so to speak, to not take away from the main goings on).

Ditto emb021's post - have your beading at an event that is meaningful to you. I chose my roundtable because I wanted to share the beading with my friends and peers. Boy/Cub Scouts and parents have no idea what Wood Badge is and what it means to get the beads.

I first saw a beading at an adult training course. I asked what it was about and that is what inspired me to attend. I too recieved my beads at the same training session a year or two later.

Just my opinion, I feel as though adult recognition should be done in the company of other adults. I don't care for bead ceremonies at court of honors or other youth intended functions. I feel as though it removes the spotlight from them for a moment.

I see your point, Knottyfox and I agree.

My ceremony was held in a private camp. I first wanted to hold it at the camp where my practical course was held, but that was unavailable at the time I completed my ticket. I was fortunate to have a private camp available to me.

I chose a camp because I wanted an outdoor setting and I wanted a campfire. The setting reminded me of where I began with Wood Badge.

The choice was important to me. I have been to several Wood Badge ceremonies and all are good as long as the recipient feels it has significant meaning to them.

I do not recommend a ceremony which has to compete with other awards or recognitions presented. The Wood Badge should be presented on its own. If you would like to invite youth, invite them to your ceremony, rather than intruding on someone elses meeting or other event.

Although I have seen successful ceremonies where there were multiple recipients, such as a patrol members receiving their beads all together, I personally did not chose to do this. To me, the beads are an individual thing and should be presented to a single person in thier personal ceremony. Group beadings seem to lesson the individual impact (IMHO).

Whatever you chose for a ceremony, as long as it has meaning to you, it will be special and significant.

Eagle Pete