As scoutldr said in the "Council Certified Trainer" thread, the TDC contains nothing "nothing about how to present the various...training modules." After conducting the TDC on an annual basis, the Scout Executive of my council and I (as council training chairman) realized, independently but almost simultaneously, that we need to supplement the TDC with a "best practices" or "nuts and bolts" approach. I am presently working on such a syllabus and I would welcome suggestions from the forum.

Yes I feel the same about that. we are in to the power point. I can't say i have seen a felt board, o wait it was at a TDC. A comment was made about some of the trainers were slow about using PP. If you do come up with the syllabus. will let us know about it. Yes I do understand that there some scouter do use the felt BD. there could be some remove and some added.

Yours in Scouting

always an OWL

I'd spend some time visiting with your friendly neighborhood high school principal. :)

There IS a model for adult training. The US Military uses it; it's called "Systems Approach to Training." In the civil world, I believe it's called "Instructional Systems Development. It's a 5 phase continuous process:

Analyze---Design---Develop---Implement

with Evaluation being a constant overwatch of each step.

Here is an overview sheet, with a pointer to a manual, that the Marine Corps uses...

http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/gtb/sat.htm

Hope this helps you.

Now, if you are looking for better instructor training (methods of instruction and quality of presentation), I'll be at Scout Camp for a few days, then I'll see what I can find for you! I know the TWO THINGs that help more than any other ... KNOW YOUR MATERIAL and REHEARSE, REHEARSE, REHEARSE.