I thought I'd take the opportunity to mention that SR-741 (Colonial Virginia Coucil) will be held from Sept. 8-10th and Sept.30-Oct 2nd, if anyone in the SE Virginia area is looking for a Wood Badge Course opportunity. The first weekend will be held in Smithfield and the second at our brand new council camp at Bayport.

You can contact me privately if you'd like further information.

Sue M.

Madam Eager Beaver,

Let me guess. You've been recruited as a TG for the next cycle? ;)

That said, to all, if you have the chance, take WB. Your Scouting network will grow. As adults, we need relationships and reinforcement almost as much as the youth of our programs.

Besides, it's FUN!

YIS John

A Good Old Owl Too

C-40-05

How'd you Guess?? ;) However, I'd probably be doing the same thing even if I wasn't because I understand the impact that it can have on not only the troops and packs connected with the participants, but on the participants themselves. Out of the 13 particpants that were in the recent BLT I was on staff at, at least 5 of those have already sent in their request for info..one is paid in full and another has put a deposit. I've got 2 of my ASM's also interested too..If the course doesn't fill, it certainly won't be because I didn't try to recruit!! ;)

Now..where was that tasty tree again...

Sue M.

• 2 months later...

...'tis the Wood Badge season it seams so I'm bumping this up just incase anyone in the Hampton Roads area is interested in finding a course. We still have openings and scholarship money is available.

Wood Badge Course SR-730 - Fall 2006

Come to Wood Badge so you can become the kind of leader that will make a difference in the lives of our youth.

Expect the most demanding, challenging, enlightening, satisfying, rewarding, motivating, and exciting course you can take! Since Lord Baden-Powell held the first course for Scoutmasters in 1919, Wood Badge training has helped thousands of men and women all over the world improve the Scouting program as well as themselves. Are you up to the challenge?

WHY - To give leaders leadership skills to strengthen Scouting in meaningful ways.

WHERE - Camp Old Indian

WHEN - Two three day sessions: October 20-22 and November 10-12, 2006

WHO - ALL registered Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity, and Venture Leaders, as well as District and Council leaders (limited to 48 participants)

COST - $225.00 ($50.00 hold a place deposit may be sent with info request.)

PRE-REQUISITES - Participants must be registered members of BSA and have completed the basic leader training steps of New Leader Essentials and the Leader Specific training for their current positions. Introduction to Outdoor Skills is required for SM, ASM, and Varsity Coaches. Trainer Development and Outdoor Leadership Skills are recommended for all participants but not required. A class 3 physical is required. Leader must also be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment.

To apply, please fill out the application form and return to:

http://www.blueridgecouncil.org/files/2006%20wood%20badge%20application.pdf

Radaka Williams, Course Director

Blue Ridge Council, BSA

P.O. Box 339

Mauldin, SC 29662