It depends on the ticket too. Several of mine included written documents of some kind and others were activities where I had photos of the events. I kept a portfolio that I shared w/ my TG on an occasional basis. We also had a brief meeting when all items were done, in which we went through the whole portfolio together. Although I'm pretty sure he'd have been ok w/ "scout's honor" too, if there were some reason we couldn't have met face to face.

Lisa'bob

When you wrote your ticket up and decided on your five goals, one of the things for each goal was "How will this be verified?" Whatever you put on that line is how you would present it to your Troop Guide.

Dancin

Course Director

C-12-06

I was able to send emails for my ticket items to my troop guide. During some of these, my TG asked me some questions regarding what was involved in the whole experience and what the experience did for me.

My ticket was quite a personal thing, and the TG did an excellent job of maintaining personal communications with me during the process of working my ticket. There was never any proof or verification required for me.

IMHO, you will get out of the ticket whatever you put into it. Requiring proof infers that a participant cannot be trusted and proof is then required to award the Wood Badge. A good TG will be in good enough communication with the participant that there will not be any need for proof.

If you are not sure if any given ticket item is "complete" or not, I would review your write-up for each goal and be sure that whatever you stated for how each item was to be measured and accomplished was fulfilled. This is YOUR proof, if you will, that you have completed the ticket and earned your beads. And frankly, only you can determine that. Not even the TG can know that completely.

One other note. The Troup GUIDE is just that: a guide. Their job is not to police your ticket process, but rather to be your guide as YOU work through it and determine personally if the ticket is complete. When I completed each of my ticket items and reported back to my TG, she never insinuated I could have made up or falsified the work I did. It is MY ticket, entirely. She was only there to help me to accomplish what I set out to do.

Sorry for rambling on, but this was an important aspect which I got out of Wood Badge. I feel that (again this is just my opinion) if a participant misses this piece of the experience, they have not fully understood Wood Badge.

Eagle Pete

I agree whole heartedly with Eagle-pete's point about the TG being a guide and not an enforcer. While I had a portfolio that I shared with my TG, that was my choice and it was part of my answer to the question of "how will this be verified?". I'm a bit compulsive about keeping written records so that's what worked for me. It helped me to evaluate the effectiveness and meaning of my ticket items for myself and my unit, and Eagle-Pete's right, that's ultimately what mattered.

Dancin - can you tell me where and when C-12-06 will be held? I'm in the same region and looking to promote WB to a few adult leaders, and our council isn't running the course this year. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks - Lisa'bob

My Ticket Counselor was also our Unit Commissioner at the time and was present at most events that involved my ticket items so I didn't need to provide any written "proof" that I had done things, and if there had been a question I could always provide proof if I needed too.

sue m

Lisa Bob,

C-12-06 is being held at Camp Rotary in Clare, Michigan. The course dates are August 25-27 and September 15-17,2006. As of this post we have 53 registered participants for the course.

Dancin Fox

David Harrison

Course Director

C-12-06