I -finally- got my beads tonight!!

After several plans and changes of plans..I finally got presented with my beads tonight at our district Recognition dinner!! I have been done since the first of October, but just could not get things to work out with my presenter for other occasions until now. It worked out great though because 2 of my BLT patrol mates, who also did WB with me (though in different patrols) also finished their tickets and were able to get their beads with me, so it made it even more special. All my Beaver patrol mates were in attendance and I got a great new critter to add to my collection. I'm so glad that it finally happened!!

Sue M.

Well Done.

While the course has undergone many changes and each country has a different syllabus.

It is really neat that the course has been around since 1919.

If you ever get the chance to attend the Gilwell reunion at Gilwell Park, don't think about it just go.

There is some good information about Wood Badge on:

http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/library/hqdocs/facts/pdfs/fs145001.pdf

Eamonn.

Thanks to all for the congrats...I get to wear them for the first time tonight to our troop meeting..I still haven't gotten used to the idea that I actually HAVE them now!

It was really just very special to me that the 3 of us did end up being able to do this together...I look back at us 2 years ago when we went through BLT and never expected us to end up where we are today, with 2 of us taking on the role as Scoutmaster's unexpectedly. At the end of the ceremony, Bill just jokingly said "well...What can the 3 of us do together NEXT???" and I told him "Well, Tim and I are on Staff for the next BLT, Tim as SM and me as the SPL..maybe you could join us on staff for that!" so I got a note from him today saying that he would really like to do that and wanted additional information!! I think we've started a tradition! ;)

Sue m

Karl,

Thanks! I see you are in Poway..our first duty station was at the "Pink Palace" in San Diego in 1985..lots of good and some "strange" memories of the place! Would love to come back to visit sometime...

Sue M.