Hey! All you Beavers out there . . . !

Waddle on down to the local cinema to see "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe". There be the cutest pair of our favorite critters playing a supporting role in the story. Makes one proud to be a beaver. Oh, yeah; the rest of the movie is great, too. If you see similarities between "Narnia" and the "Rings" triology, keep in mind that C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkein were very good friends and corresponded and commented on each other's works for the duration of their productive lives.

Beavers??

Maybe now I know why I love the Jungle Book!!

Baloo, is my hero!!

Not the Disney King of the Swingers!!

But Kipling's Baloo,who teaches the cubs of the Seeonee wolf pack the Law of the Jungle.

Somehow I thought that was part of my role as a Scouter.

I haven't seen the movie yet but as a kid the Lion,the witch and the wardrobe.

Strange thing is up until this minute I had forgot that as a little fellow I landed in hot water for reading the books in bed by flashlight. I think I read all of the books in the series, but for some reason I didn't read them in order.

Eamonn.

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike the Beavers, who seemed to enjoy Narnia simply because their critters are major characters, I enjoyed it for the message CS Lewis put into it!!!

OTOH, Any OWL knows that the Harry Potter movies were specially produced for us OWLs.... ;)

John

A Good Old Owl Too

C-40-05

(ducking and running)