It has been a long road to get here, but the time has arrived. My beading ceremony will take place next Tuesday evening, at our Pack meeting. I thought long and hard about having the ceremony at a Pack meeting, but since my ticket revolved around the unit, I decided it was ok. Plus, I hope it will encourage some of our other leaders to attend.

I've invited my father and my Scoutmaster from when I was a Boy Scout to attend - both attended Wood Badge back in the 70's. Maybe my son will follow our footsteps, for a third generation - that would be pretty cool!

The training has been a huge help in my positions, as Cubmaster and District Activities Chair. The week I spent at Camp Woodruff has turned out to be one of the most rewarding of my life. Anyone reading this who has been sitting on the fence about attending - to borrow from Nike - Just Do It!

Course 92-47, Atlanta Area Council

Fox Patrol

Congratulations!

I support your decision to have your beading at a Pack meeting. When I was mere Cub dad, I saw a Beading at a Webelos Woods I was attending with my son. I was impressed.

Now, I'm a three-beader Scoutmaster.

- Oren

WE3-41-03

Bear

WE3-41-05

QM

Brent,

Congratulations, and excellent choice! I'll be doing the same since my ticket is Troop-based. When my fellow Bear and I returned from the two weekends, there was a COH later in the month, and three of us working our tickets were recognized by the Scoutmaster. It's a big deal in our Troop.

Robert Burns, a/k/a the watercub, and a good old Bear, too.

T477 & P477 - Hightower Trail District

AAC 92-50

Thanks, everyone - it was a very nice ceremony!

Robert - definitely do it in front of the Troop - I think the Scouts like seeing one of their own up front receiving their beads. I had one Bear, who is usually one of the wilder Scouts in that den, come up to me afterwards, offer a handshake, and gave a very sincere "congratulations!" His father was more shocked than was I!

SWScouter - not even a little bit! We had a PTA meeting tonight, and I put together a Color Guard for the opening ceremony. Parents were still coming by, offering congratulations while we were preparing. Maybe next month the smile will start to wane, but don't count on it!

My father gave me a small bag of gifts, which was really nice. He included a copy of Gilwell Park - A brief history and guided tour, and Footsteps of the Founder, both with inscriptions. Also included were a CD of Bugle Calls/Voice of Lord Baden-Powell, the cassette of Lord Baden-Powell, Historical Recordings, the WB staff medalion and lapel pin. My Scoutmaster gave me a copy of The Scoutmaster Minute, also inscribed. Sorry if I'm bragging, this was just a nice finish to a great WB experience for me.

I think it was a good experience for our Pack to see some Scouters with long records of service. They saw there is a lot more to Scouting than just going to Den and Pack meetings while in elementary school. I think they have a much different perspective now.