On the last course I was on staff, most of the tickets were approved by the guides by the last day of the course. Some were approved at the Patrol meetings, some on the last day of the course. The final say should come from your Permanent Coach Counselor, who you should contact within 2 weeks of the end of your course. Unless you went out of council you should know who that is before the end of the course. If you went out of Council and didn't get a name, call your Council WB Coordinator.

I just completed my 90 day post-course meeting yesterday.

What our Scoutmaster said was he'd like 2-3 weeks lead time on beading ceremonies from the time the candidate (me) calls my TG and we confirm completion.

That said, the Council WB coordinator for my course said they've gotten calls from TGs on Sunday, saying the candidate called and confirmed completion, and could the beading be Wednesday? To me, 3 days of lead time doesn't feel like "A Scout is Courteous."

John

A Good Old Owl

C-40-05(This message has been edited by John-in-KC)

On our courses, the Troop Guides sign off on the ticket as quickly as they can after receiving all the final information from the canidate. They then call the Course Director and either mail or fax or scan and e-mail the ticket cover sheet to the CD. Then the Certificate is printed and framed and put together with the Woggle, Neckerchief and beads and we wait until the canidate picks a date for their beading. The Course Director, SPL and Troop Guide try to make it to all beadings.

Dancin

It took just a couple of weeks to notify me that my completed ticket was approved. What took a long time was to actually get the ceremony scheduled, with the presentation of the certificate, pocket card, beads, woggle, and neckerchief. It felt like months...

KS

Is there any special way the bead ceremony is done in your council. other than what is requested by the individuad(s).does your council add anything to to the actual presenation. ex use of fire. thanks for the other info.

Is there any special way the bead ceremony is done in your council. other than what is requested by the individuad(s).does your council add anything to to the actual presenation. ex use of fire. thanks for the other info.