I have, as one of my ticket items, to create a "Pack Awarness" area at our CO. I want to hang a bullitan board in the entry way and keep it current with scout related info for 3 months and to create a scrap book of items posted there to increase awarness at our CO of what we do and who we are. This was approved. My question is, do I supply the board, does my pack supply the board, does the CO supply the board (they did offer), or should I do some type of fundraiser? Any are possible, I just want to know what the rest of you would consider appropriate.

Kristi

SR-725

I used to be an Eagle

Yes, that is true, but the one board they have now is overfull and I am afraid that they will see it as "Their Board" and push our stuff off to the side or off the board all together. We are trying to rebuild relations with keeping them up to date and I want to make sure the info stays up when I put it up. Do you think this could be a problem?

Kristi

Is their board overfull with current items, or a lot of old stuff they just have not gotten around to removing? If it is all current, then I would talk to the CO about putting up another board just for Cub Scouts. Hopefully they will have some wall room! If the CO offers to buy another board, let them. Otherwise, I would bring it up at the Pack Leader's meeting & see if the Pack has the funds to purchase an inexpensive cork board.

If the current board has a lot of outdated things on it then maybe you could just divide off a section using some blue & yellow borders. That way there would be a clear, designated, Scout area.

Does your CO charter a BS Troop too? Do they have any Girl Scout members? If there are other Scouting groups involved, then a whole board just for Scout Stuff might be a good idea. It would bring the entire Scouting spectrum to the attention of the CO's membership. It might also inspire more youth to sign up!