A Round of the Gilwell Song....

John,

Thanks! I am excited to have it done..and I'd also like to note that once again...the Beavers...always the first and the best in everything..MY Beaver patrol is the first FULL patrol in my course to all have completed their tickets!! It has been a wonderful experience and I am SO happy that I was able to do Wood Badge!

sue

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to be Bruce Tuckman and a corporate raider too.   Now I've destroyed "Real" Patrols I know just what to do.   I'll form and storm more outdoor skills just to follow through.   Back to

I used to be an Eagle and a Good 'ol Eagle too.   And now I'm finished Eagling, I don't know what to do.   I'm growing old and feable and I can Eagle no more, So I am going to work my ticket

I wanted to be a staffer, a good old staffer too! I've even had some training so I’d know what to do. But politics so old and feeble, and I can staff no more. So I won’t wear my beads when I can.

Might be going back to Gilwell next year!

My Troop Guide will be the Course Director for the next course, and I told him I'm in for a Staff position as Quartermaster.

Will be hard not to favor the Beaver Patrol....

Used to be a Beaver!

SR-542

Don't look now; here comes another Beaver 'a waddlin' up! Always first in Gilwell Order. There must be a reason. But Beavers have other things to worry about, right? After all, be nice to Beavers; Beavers can turn your property into a wetlands in a heartbeat, and we all know what that means 8-).

I used to be a Beaver, and a good ol' Beaver, too. But now I'm finished Beavering; I don't know what to do. I'm growing old and feeble and I can Beaver no more; So I'm going to work my ticket if I can . . . .

That is right... BEAVERS are ALWAYS first!!!

Congrats Sue!!!

I wish I could say the same about my Patrol... A great group of people..Great Scouters!

I am on my final ticket item. Should be "beading" in February.

Jerry

And I'm gonna work my ticket if I can!

Well there is the timing issue, but the fact of matter is my last ticket item is to start a Scout Sunday Committee at my Church and then put on the Scout Sunday program.

I have the committee started and we are meeting, but I have to wait till Feb. 6 to do the Scout Sunday program.

My troop Guide said that maybe... just maybe... I could be beaded on Scout Sunday after Church... that might be real cool.

Anyway... I keep working that ticket.

Funny thing is that everyone of my ticket items led to more things.

This Scout Sunday project has led me to being a Religious Emblems Counselor and starting a Venturing crew for the church.

Jerry

The Happy Beaver

Ah...I see...we were never given a specific minimum time restriction but it was clear that they wanted real effort and no easy quick tickets. My big ticket item was taking over as scoutmaster for a year, so I knew that it was going to take me that period of time. The other stuff I could have had all complete within 3 1/2 months if I'd have really pushed it.

It would be cool if you could do the beading at the church! We had a surprise Eagle presentation once for a boy after church..he was insistant that he didn't want anything but I got together with the parents and the CC (we all go to the same church) and decided to just do a very simple thing for him...I think that he appreciated it in the end.

sue

We were told, BLUNTLY, by our SM/CD: Six months minimum, and that was a National standard.

Of course, we all know about the secret hidden files left behind in New Brunswick before the move to Irving... ;)

John

being conspiratorial

• 5 months later...

We've been working entirely too hard here recently, solving all kinds of Scouting problems and generally making the world safe for youth :)

Me thinks it's time again to play this tune :) Wood Badge order, pretty please ;)

Here's the template:

I used to be a CRITTER and a Good 'ol CRITTER too...

And now I'm finished CRITTERING... I don't know what to do...

I'm growing old and feable and I can CRITTER no more...

So I am going to work my ticket if I can...

Back to Gilwell... Happy Land... I'm going to work my ticket if I can...

So, now comes the inevitable question:

IS THERE A BEAVER IN THE HOUSE?

I used to be a BEAVER

and a good ole' BEAVER too

But now I'm finished BEAVERING

I don't know what to do

I'm growing old and feeble

and I can BEAVER no more

So I'm going to work my ticket if I can

Back to Gilwell, Happy land

I'm going to work my ticket if I can

Sue M.

Flying around waiting ...........

A salmon! Can't wait any longer!

I used to be an EAGLE a Good 'ol EAGLE too.

And now I'm finished EAGLING, I don't know what to do.

I'm growing old and feeble and I can EAGLE no more,

So I am going to work my ticket if I can.

Back to Gilwell, happy land.

I'm going to work my ticket if I can.

That was tasty!

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

NE-V-120

"I'm a talon you, we're the EAGLES!

Here we sit like birds in the wilderness,

birds in the wilderness,

birds in the wilderness ...

Here we sit like birds in the wilderness,