Wood Badge Course Directors will do everything that they can to accommodate the wants and needs of the participants.

However a lot will depend on the location of the course. We were lucky that we used a new building that met with all the new building codes, there are some councils and courses that are not so lucky.

The best thing is to check with the Course Director.

Eamonn

• 2 weeks later...

In NE-III-162 we had a person that was driven 400 yards to class every time and even had a heart attack on the final day. The staff there accomodated him.

My wife had a student receive his Eagle on Saturday night. The Wood Badger was there as a district rep.

Like others said I'm sure they will accomomdate as much as is physically possible.

We had a Scouter that was confined to a scooter, and the course diretor and the course participants did everything to ensure that he had a great experience. Where he need help it was provided, his batteries begain to fail, and his patrol members and the staff pushed him in a wheel chair and provided vehicle transportation when needed. Ask and they will ensure that you have a great experience.

Robert L. DeWitt

ASM Troop 12

Chickasaw District

Georgia Carolina Council

Augusta, Ga

I used to be a good Ole Bear SR-691

• 3 weeks later...

I concur. The staff will make arrangements for those with physical disabilities - or should. Our patrol had one fellow confined to a motorized wheelchair. And I am arthritic in all joints from the hips south. And boy, was I in pain during the two weekends of the course. But the staff helped in every way that they could.

You should have no problems. Just in case, give your Wood Badge SM a telephone call and give him a heads-up.

I used to be a beaver . . . .