looking for the oldest cub book out there and the earliest reference to crystal radios in a cub scout or boy scout book.

Will it even be in the next edition?!?!?!?!?!?

I know this has nothing to do with wood badge but this is were the web site "fossils" hangout.

Can anybody give testimony to their battery free wireless wonder?

I'm pretty sure I don't like being referred to as a "fossil," but then again, I don't usually haunt this forum. The term old timer caught my eye, but only because of the 31 years of BSA tenure I have . . and I'm only 39 years old.

I don't know when crystal radios first came into print in Cub Scout or Boy Scout handbooks . . .

But I do know you can purchase a crystal radio kit from your Scout catalog or Scout shop. Just ask for item number ww17288. I found it on www.scoutstuff.org

Unc.

Please don't take offense to the fossil thing. I am in fact 3 years older than you.I know it was in our bear book as kids. I am looking for a xerox copy of something from the 1940's.

Looking for history for a Pow wow class next March. This is probably this most forgotten elective in the book.

And thank you, yes I have seen them at the Scout store but you can gather the materials for yourself and save about 33% and get the cost down to $8 a cub.

thank you for your 31 years of service.

Now any historical book collectors or really old scouters out there?

No offense was truly taken. I'd be careful of the term fossil, though -- it casts a wider net than usually intended.

Especially when one is feeling particularly old ;)

I wish you luck in your search. I would suggest looking for Ham radio operators who may well have begun by building crystal radios from scratch.

Unc.