pack light. Don't worry about whatall has been said. We (I) like to pick things apart after the fact. Go in with an open mind and plan on having lots of fun. Wish I could spend more weekends at "Happy Land". Which will make sense after you go.

Lynn, I used to be a fox.

You should receive a pre-course assignment. A list of 20 questions. This list is a very useful tool. Take the time to really think about your answers. You don't have to share them with anyone unless you want too. Just before the course take the time to go over it again as things may have changed. Bring the list and your answers with you.

If you have any special needs be sure and let the Course organizers know before you arrive.

Knowing the correct wording of the Cub Scout Law and Promise, will be very useful.

The course is very worthwhile and the tools you take home from it will benefit all the people you work with, not just in Scouting but also in your family and employment.

It is a lot of fun and the course and the staff are there for you. Everyone wants you to get the most out of it and enjoy it. Without you there is no course.

Eamonn.

Asides from the 20 questions:

- Get plenty of sleep before you go. You'll be busy.

- Bring earplugs. Lots of snoring Scouters after a busy day.

- Bring Tabasco. Well, I always bring Tabasco(in a camo holster, of course), because you can never be assured that the QM will properly spice your food. (One exception. WE3-41-05. But then I'll be the QM.)

- Be ready to have a great time, meet awesome people and learn more than you dreamed you would.

- If it's a weekend course, be prepared to set up an email list server or Yahoo Group for your patrol to keep in touch between sessions, as well as to give each other support and encouragement while working your tickets.

- Oren

"I used to be a Bear . . . ."

WE3-41-03

The idea of working your ticket, is intended to make you a better Scout Leader. As a Cub Scout leader, you might want to take stock of where you see your future in the Scouting Program.

Do you see yourself staying with the Pack for another 10 years, or do you see yourself working at the Council level in the future? Maybe you see yourself as an organizer and planner, or maybe you see yourself as a skills person or outdoorsman specializing in teaching scoutcraft and outdoor skills to the boys.

I don't remember the details of the questionnaire that Eamonn refers to, but some of this stuff might already be there. If not, it's worth spending some time with.

Go in with an open mind, friendly disposition, well rested and don't expect miracles.

If you've ever taken any corporate level team-building siminars or courses don't give away any of the surprises.

Have fun and keep in touch with your patrol mates.

Oh, and one last thing pray you are not a Beaver and feel blessed is you are a Bear.

Take your boy's scout book and bring it with you the to the first weekend's meetings. We never had time to return to our camp once the day got started. The book will be needed to look for patrol project ideas and Ticket items and concepts.(This message has been edited by Its Me)

I was on staff for our course which finished Sunday. When the Win-All-You-Can game was first presented in our council 4 yrs ago, it caused quite alot of hard feelings. Those participants still have hard feelings. Since then we have presented it in a "game" atmosphere and there haven't been hard feelings. This yr the presenter was ready to have to do a major debrief, but the participants figured out how to play the game within the first 2 rounds.

This was my first time to be part of an AWESOME staff and i look forward to the opportunity again.

Used to be a bear SR517

Used to be a troop guide for bobwhites SR707

>"Do you see yourself staying with the Pack for another 10 years, or do you see yourself working >at the Council level in the future? Maybe you see yourself as an organizer and planner, or >maybe you see yourself as a skills person or outdoorsman specializing in teaching scoutcraft >and outdoor skills to the boys. "

I would love to work at the Council. To be perfectly honest I wish I could make the same amount of money working for BSA that I do in my current job. Scouting is so much more fulfilling.

orennoah,

"because you can never be assured that the QM will properly spice your food"

One man's spice is another man's ruined meal! Not all of us like blistered tongues and breathing fire! ;) Hmmmm, was there a dragon patrol I missed in my course? :)

WASGuru,

Don't worry, be happy! Just go, you'll like it. I promise.

Beav

Have you ever studied the dietary habits of the Beaver?

Before I would use the words Beaver and Drool in the same paragraph I would take a look at the poor Beaver, the diet is so bad that they need to use a special enzyme to break down the cellulose, sad thing is that this enzyme is behind the tail.

While Bears are not noted for their table manners and it has been said that if you are not a Bear your a meal, I don't think even a very hungry Bear is going near a Beaver.

Of course being a Beaver sure beats being a Bobwhite - Anything beats being a Bobwhite.

Heck even being a Cook coo beats being a Bobwhite. Even the lowly Buffalo beats being a Bobwhite. Ravens are nearly as bad as Bobwhites, but even Ravens guard the Tower Of London.

What do you do with a Bobwhite? Pluck it, cook it and wonder was it worth the trouble?

(Hey Bob, I'm only teasing!!)

Eamonn