University of Scouting Registration

I have a challenge. I am in charge of ("Dean") the CS leader Pow Wow this year as part of a university of scouting.

We need a simple and effective method of handling walk-in registrations. The classes are of fixed length and offered at specific times. Students choose the classes they will attend. We are closing class sessions once they reach 30 participants.

We used a card system last year with students building their schedules by pulling cards representing available slots. It was chaotic and it took a long time.

I am thinking of trying a system whereby the people processing the registrations will pull the cards to try to simplify things but this will be challenging when classes close out and students have to use alternates.

A software solution would be ideal if it can be had for free and deployed at the university.

Please let me know your input and your advice.

Best regards,

Patrickmn

• 1 month later...

I can't help you with this particular registration or check-in issue but I do want to add my $1 about another part of check-in.

At check-in the person in chargeneeds to be in uniform. About 10 years ago, a friend and I were asked by a couple of Wood Badge buddies to come down to their Pow Wow, They happened to be part of the committee and we ended up assisting with the check-in.

Because there was a Star Trek theme to the Pow Wow, everyone was in some sort of space costume, that is, everyone except Dave and me. We were in our field uniform. And here we sat, along with about 8 others, doing the check-in, for the over 800 participants arriving for this Pow Wow.

Guess who got asked any and all questions? Ah yes, the two of us in uniform. We figured it was because we looked like we were in charge. We quickly learned to scream "Mim!" That was the name of the person who was really in charge. She eventually just stayed right by us.

CBW