So What Does Your Wood Badge Mean To You?

I can't put on my beads without thinking about my Dad (and he's still very much alive.)

The two beads on one side of the thong were the ones my father earned and presented to me when I earned mine. The other one is from the first course I staffed.

The two beads that I earned were cremated with an Assistant District Commissioner who served with me in the Chippewa District.

DS

Not a lot goes through my mind when I don the four beads. They're a part of the uniform I wear among the many who have walked that path I have, and we all walk it together.

My thankfulness to the Woodbadge experience extends from Scouting, to my private life, to my professional career when many times I find myself knowing that what I can accomplish, and how well I can do it, is, in part, due to what I've learned and continue to learn every time Woodbadge comes to town.

When I put my beads on, I'm reminded of all the sharing and learning that took place in my patrol and troop of SR-56. But most of all, I'm reminded of the confidence it gave me to work with the boys of the troops, to give them the resources they need to progress.

Sharon