As you may know the new Wood Badge course has gone to six days.

Courses are offered as a six day experience. It can start on any dat of the week. The course director may want to start on a monday in order to avoid Sunday, or start on a Sunday to avoid Saturday. This might make the course more attractive to certain religious groups.

Of course he or she might just plan to start on a day that seems best for everyone. That could be any day of the week.

The course is also offered as 2X3 days.

Again this could be any days of the week. However in most cases, in order not to burn up most peoples vacation, two of the days are normally a Saturday and a Sunday. This means that there is two days to take off from work.

Which day suits you best the Friday or the Monday? Or would it be better to take Monday one weekend and Friday the next?

There are events on the course that do work better one way, then the other. But we can come back to that.

Eamonn

I know our last course was Monday through Saturday. Our next one is two Fridays through Sundays. I don't know which is better, accept to say the staying away from Sunday on the weeklong make most sense to me, both from a religious expect and to recoop before going back to work.

Bob H

Friday.

We were encouraged to show up Thursday evening (course started promptly Friday morning) and we were dismissed around 4:00 - 5:00 PM on Sunday. We ran the weekend before and weekend after the Labor Day weekend. My patrol (GO BEARS!) met during that "downtime" to rehearse skits, coordinate ideas, etc.

I am going to be a Course Director, my course is going to following the 3x2 format starting Thursday morning, due to religious practises of many of the participants the fall course for our council is a Non-Sunday course.

John

• 4 weeks later...

Given a choice where religious considerations don't enter, I would select Monday.

1) There are several 3 day weekends you can run onto . These mean that your participants and staff only need take one vacation day

2) Particularly the second weekend, Day 4 is the day where there are youth staff. If you run Sat Sun Mon, then they work on Saturday. If you run Friday, Sat Sun, then they work Friday and need to get a day off from school. Of course, there isn't really any reason not to run Fri, Sat Sun one weekend and Sat Sun, Mon the other but that likely would be confusing for your participants.