National Camp School--what to pack!

OK people. Now is the time to get your brains in gear! Next week, I will begin packing for COPE Director School at Camp Bob Hardin in NC (5/17-23).

Now, I know what the camp says to pack. Uniforms, soap on a rope, blah, blah, blah. But, for those who have been to a National Camp School, what should I pack that they don't list.

Surely there are some of you who have a few secrets to make you life easier while there.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim:

I've been to several camp schools and directed one section of one. The list provided by your region covers most of what you will need.

There's only one "secret" ingrediant that's more than good to include. A cushion. Even though the COPE syllabus one of the most physical -- you'll spend most of your time on the course, literally (pardon the pun) learning the ropes. However, you'll also spend plenty of time sitting and going over paperwork and sitting through lecture. Go to K-Mart or Target or Walmart and spend the small amount of money on one of those tie-on cushions. When you get to camp school I think you'll find that there are metal folding chairs in the training room. You'll be happy you tied that cushion on that chair before you spend hours sitting on it.

Just make sure your classmates don't fight over it.

Have a great time.

DS

DS,

Actually, the course staff already thought of that! They recently sent a letter teling us to all bring a folding chair or camp chair. I went to Wal-Mart and bought one of those fold open chairs with arm rests and a cup holder. hehe. I'm set to sit in style!

Tim

I have a couple of those chairs. One is a recliner and would be a poor choice because it would be too dificult to take notes and the cup holders don't work. The other is a regular chair and would have been an excellent choice. I never thought of it.

It's a good sign that you have such a thoughtful staff. Have fun.

DS