I don't understand why all the other patrols pick on us Bobwhites. we may be the smallest of the patrol mascots and the lowest on the food chain among them. But even if the bears, foxes, or eagles devour us... we always work things out in the end.

Bob

I'm trying to find a Wood Badge course that's in July/early August or even on the multiple weekend courses. Has anyone taken the weekend courses? Do you recommend them? I'm in college right now, and it's impossible to take a week off in the beginning of my semester and risk losing all of my classes. My council currently does not have a weekend course for Wood Badge and local councils around me don't have one planned at this time. Is there another way to get Wood Badge trained?

Call Philmont. Don't know the number off hand, but a lot of Councils use to do them there. If you don't mind travel, the Last Frontier Council in Oklahoma has a one week course in July. Nothing like Oklahoma in July. I am sure Texas has one somewhere as well. Just start working your way east. As for differences in week ends or one week courses. It's a matter of taste and schedual. If you're looking to just get trained, I don't think you will find it matters too much.

Barry