For this weeks woodbadge course, it has been suggested that we embellish our tents, with personnel cute items?

I am totally confused on this one. I think we should be using more of the live no trace, and not bringing in extra stuff to the out of doors.

Can someone explain what this has to do with anything, and should we expect the scouts to do the same?

Have seen small and tasteful signage between tent entrances ie

Fred Schmedrick

ASM Troop 123 Buffalo logo here

Gumdrop, NY

Perhaps with something alluding to the appropriate critter?

This could be something along the lines of a 5x7 file card attached to a paint stirrer; use a medium size ziploc for weatherproofing

We routinely clip ziploc sandwich bags on the outside of our troop tent rain flies with the names of the Scouts, patrol, etc., for accountability purposes. Maybe that's what they have in mind. My WB staff didn't grade us on any "embellishments"...

Hey Buffalo2, I think I knew Fred; about 5'10", little chubby, glasses, thinning brown hair? Is Gumdrop near Plattsburgh?

I used to be a buffalo...

KS

I wouldn't think of doing anything to the tent itself due to the high costs of those platform tents. We did have wooden nameplates tacked to the platform itself. Usually just the name and patrol logo. The campsite was personalized for our patrol. For the three weekends, it was home and we treated it like home. We had mailbox, doorbell, and doors on the entryway and all types of gadgets around camp such as wash station and weather rock. One platform was transformed into a kitchen or pantry where we kept our chuck box, by using the canvas tarp instead of a tent.

Doug