First Camping Trip

This past weekend my son and I went on his first camping trip as a Tiger. I am the Tiger DL and some of my concerns about parents rang true, but that is to be expected. Four of the five Tigers atteneded and did pretty well. They beat the Webelos in the make a fire and burn the rope contest, and 3/4 of the slept in the lean-to without parents.

Need to be careful about activities you allow the Tigers to do. Check out the Age Appropriate Guidelines:

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34416_Insert_Web.pdf

Some will say these guidelines are wet blankets for the kids, but they're there to protect kids and the leaders. I have a friend who's a lawyer and he lives for lawsuits that involve people that go against written policy (they know/find out they can't defend against a lawsuit and settle quickly. As he says, it's easy money)(This message has been edited by Ohanadad)

It was tough on two the parents, one Tiger slept in a tent with his dad. I took a tent thinking my son wouldn't want to sleep with the rest of the kids, but he surprised me.

As for the age appropriate activites, thanks for the input, but guidelines are just that. The kids were well supervised by myself, and the ACM. The parents attending were as excited as the kids.