Pack Dues For 2nd Year Webelos

When I was WDL, we had parents who addressed these issues on us. I managed to appease them by getting the pack committee to agree to buy Boy Scout Handbooks for the Web 2s that are crossing over. (that and the AOL plaques for those who got AOL). The parents then thought they were getting their money's worth out of the extra dues.

Our dues are the same for every scout regardless of age-level. We keep it simple. We keep our dues low at $40 per year and folks get free dues if they sell $200 of popcorn. Webelos cost us a little more per scout but the numberous belt loops earned by the younger scouts tend to balance it out.

Keep it simple and keep the books simple for easy transparent review by anyone. This way, when the next volunteer comes in to take over, there is not a mess to clean up.

Our second year Webelos pay half.

Our annual dues are $150, however it also takes into account any activity the families would be "nickel and dimed" for during the year. Campout fees, pinewood kits, etc.

Unofficially, I think our advancements are pretty even during all rank years. Many scouts will run out of belt to put their loops on before getting to Webelos.

Our second year Webelos also get to take 1/2 of their popcorn earnings (WEB II year only) to their troop, if they decline to participate in pack prizes.