Cub Scout Handbooks Available On Line

I see that Cub Scout Handbooks are now available on line in both English and Spanish.

http://www.boyscouttrail.com/blog/729.asp

How might this resource be useful to you and your pack?

I'm thinking about e-mailing the handbook to parents who attend our recruiting night right away so they will have a chance to check out the program.

Perhaps there are some "E Reader" types who might prefer to use the on line handbook rather than spend for a book.

It would be possible to supplement the on line handbooks with a list of Tiger Cub, Wolf and other requirements so that parents could sign those off in the traditional manner without a handbook.

I'm thinking about how to use this on line resource.

Parents who complete the youth application at our pack recruiting night will supply their e-mail address id they have one, presumably. If it's legible, I could send a short e-mail welcoming them to the pack with the English and Spanish den handbooks as attachments.

Directions to the local Scout shop would be included for those who might be interested in shopping for uniforms, den handbooks or whatever.

One of my aims is to avoid overwhelming new parents with too much information at the recruiting night.

I am the wolf den leader and my son is a wolf, but sometimes I want to look up things in the tiger, bear or Webelos handbooks in order to help other scouts, and I don't really have them handy, so that is how I would use these resources.