Awarding the Pack the JTE Award

Our Pack earned Gold for our JTE. Does anyone do anything special to award this patch? I was thinking we would hit the highlights of what earned us the patch, but does anyone do anything special for this award?

Thank you in Advance.

Andrea

Basementdweller, I hope he was as on top of the rest of his job. Wowzer.

We are presenting it tomorrow night at the Pack meeting following our Round-up. We do a short Q&A and then invite families to join a Pack Meeting. It gives them an idea of how the Pack meetings run and who the other Scout families.

We thought it would give them an idea of the great year we have planned at the Pack Level so far.

Thanks for the responses so far, I think I'll go with what I have right now. Good night.

Andee,

1) Forgot to shout at you 'WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) JTE and its predecessors are tools to make sure a program is viable. I personally like JTE requirements over previous ones b/c they are more program oriented than in the past. BUT they can be a major PITB to do the math, or if the council's records on you are incorrect, i.e. training records messed up, missing leaders on the charter after several attemts to rectify, scouts not being removed form the charter after several attempts, etc.

3) My opinion is that if you want to show the folks what you got planned fro recruiting, hand out calendars, bring photos, and other props. This is esp. useful when you have 2-3 packs at the same school.

4) Good luck with recruiting.

Hi Eagle,

Thank you for the welcome.

I've had some of the similar problems. My pet peeve is lost volunteer applications that are found months later at the bottom of a desk pile. I just go to pieces when I have to ask a volunteer to fill an application out again.

Every once in a while I'll request a roster from our Council so I can confirm leadership roles are correct and Scouts have been added.

I do have to say that our District Trainer is very good at providing a monthly update by e-mail on who's train and who's not in each Pack. This has also been a good way to check adults are listed in their correct Leadership role.

I have two of those foldable display boards that have pictures of Scouts in Actions. I wish I could add a picture here of them. The first one says, 'Why Scouting?' and the second one says, 'Here's Why!'. We had fun making them and use them at our Round-ups and at School Open House nights.

We have also been putting notes in our Schools newsletter to have visibility on what we are doing. Our principal's son is an Eagle Scout and our Art Teacher has two boys that are going through the process. We have a lot of school support for which I'm thankful. Rarely get a no on anything we ask to do.

Thanks everyone. I've been a reader here and there, but it's nice to finally participate some.

Andee741 wrote: "I didn't know there are schools with more than 1 Pack. Are large Elementary Schools? Are they rural schools with students spreadout?"

Welcome to the forums, Andee741!

We are in a metro suburb, but in our school district each grade is located at a single school rather than distributed across a few schools as is common for the elementary grades in many school districts. For this reason when the town has had more than one Pack, the Packs had to share the schools.

Thank you KISMIF. It's interesting to hear about the other logistics.

Update from our JTE Award. We announced what the basis of the award was an what we did last year in earning it. And then our CM turned it around on me and another Mom and got the Scouts all fired up in a thank you round of applause to us (which was never our intention, but was nice to hear).

My neighbor and I are a bit wacky when it comes to helping with the Pack. Anyway, the Scouts are having fun was my take away, and are terribly excited about the plan we laid out for them for this coming year to do it again. We have 4 overnights planned. Lot's of skills to build, memories to create that they will share with their children. I love being the Camping Chair.