What Cub Scout Positions Have You Held?

I've been a Unit Commissioner for a pack since 2004 (that's a district position, actually).

I was a Tiger Cub Den leader for a year in each of two different packs at the same time for a year. (2008-2009)

A Wolf Den Leader for a couple of months. (2009)

Then took over as Cubmaster for two years. (2009-2010)

As of the first of the year ---- Chartered Organization Rep and Pack Committee Member.

I gave up the COR position after a couple of months when an excellent person for that position sought me out at Scout Sunday services.

Now I'll be taking over as Pack Treasurer as a Pack Committee Member.

I've been having a tough time holding down a steady job in the Cub Pack lately.

Hmmm ... I was Asst Cubmaster for too short of a period of time before I became Cubmaster for three years, and earned my Cubmaster Key (yes, before 1987). But I left the pack in quite capable hands. I helped out as a "Den Leader Coach" after.

Many years later, I was the "Scouting Coordinator" (as a CoR was called in those days) for the Cub Pack at my daughter's elementary school - they were sponsored by our PTO, and I was an officer in the PTO who had "scouting experience."

Been a UC for many, many Packs since 1976.

Hmmm, lets see

CC

MC

CM

CA

WL

DL

DLC

CSDC/PD

RTC/CS

DAC

UC

TRAINER

On the Boy Scout side:

SA

SM

CC

MC

RTC/BS

DAC

DISTRICT OUTDOORS/CAMPING CHAIR

TRAINER

UC

I am still a SA/Trainer/Distric committe member/RTC(BS)

Youth: Bobcat, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Den Chief, CSDC Staff

Adult: Cub Weekend staff, CS Family Camp Out staff adviser, TCDL, CSDL, CSDC staffer, CSDC Program Director, Council Cub Committee member, CS RT Commish.

Never been an "adult partner" as my TCDL app was processed before my son's member app by 2 months.

I think my favorite position was being Tiger Cub Den Leader. You just can't beat Tiger Cubs in being enthusiastic about almost anything ---- for five minutes, ten minutes tops. Then they are ready to go on to the next activity, and you had better be ready too!

I reprise that role by leading our district Tiger Twilight Camp and being the Tiger Cub Den Leader trainer for the district and our council annual training event.

Tiger Cubs is a critical activity packs need to get up and running every year, and too often that can be tough to do.

I've never been Webelos Den Leader. My theory is that that's the toughest Cub Scout position to do WELL. It shouldn't be Cub Scouts any more, but a genuine transition to Boy Scouts, with several camping opportunities and partnerships with Scout troops. Rather often Webelos Dens aren't led properly by adults, with the result often being boys dropping out of the program or failing to go on to Boy Scouts.

(This message has been edited by seattlepioneer)

Tiger Cub DL- 2x

Wolf Bear DL- 2x

Asst. Web DL

Cubmaster- Starting Yr. 2

Day Camp Walking Den Leader- 4x

Day Camp Cubmaster- Starting Year 3

Webelos Resident Camp Den Leader

Those are my official titles, Of Course I've worn every hat in Cubs and then some!

Tiger, Bobcat, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Arrow of Light

Cub Day Camp Den Chief

Parent, Tiger Cub Den Leader, Assistant Cubmaster, Cubmaster (starting now)

Parent volunteer, general committee, ADL, DL , CM , CubScout District comittee, Council Cub Scout Camp promotions for OUR district.

Soon to be ACM as I step down after 2 years as CM to let the next person with a fresh point of view and new ideas take it.

I was a cub parent, and I want to again thank the lot of you for taking on all of those positions that would have just driven me nuts. (I had much more fun teaching tigers how to fuse rope and play British Bulldog.)

Probably easier to ask what positions I have NOT held!

Unit Level -

Tiger Adult Partner

Wolf/Bear/Webelos Den Leader

Committee Member (various including Advancement, BALOO, Popcorn Kernel, Religious Emblem Coordinator, and many more misc)

Pack Trainer

Tiger Den Leader (permanent)

District level -

Cub Scout Fun Day Staff

Cub Scout Day Camp Staff

Cub Scout Day Camp Program Director

Cub Scout Summer Camp Staff

Cub Scout Training Staff

BALOO Course Director

District Popcorn Chair (not just for Packs)

UC (not for unit I was registered with)

Asst. Wolf Den Leader (2005 to 2006)

Bear Den Leader (2006 to 2007)

Webelos Den Leader (2007 to 2009)

Assistant Cubmaster (2006 to 2009)

Assistant Scoutmaster (2009 to 2010)

Tiger Den Leader (2010 to 2011)

Cubmaster (2011 to current)

I have two sons six years apart. I came into the program when my oldest joined as a Wolf and then rejoined the Pack as Tiger Den Leader when my youngest son joined. I became Cubmaster when the top prospect for the position declined and then they asked me and I remember saying "Yes." I'm not sure if I was of sound-mind at that time, but I did say "Yes." :)