I think the most frustrating thing for my unit so far has been the lack of availability of the "Pi" devices (pins). Has *anyone* seen them at their local scout shops?

Oh, and it was sad to say "no" when 9 boys wanted the unit to provide the $45 Supernova Medal. Wasn't in the plan and it's a little obnoxious for cub scout uniform wear in my opinion.

Thanks

The medal costs $45! THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS! Medals don't have to cost that much. My son has quite a collection of handsome medals he has won at sporting events. I can't believe they cost $45. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cub and Webelos Supernova medals have been reduced in price to $23.99 each per http://www.scoutstuff.org, but I agree that it is still an outrageous amount. My local council's shop had plenty of both the Nova patches and the Pi pieces sitting in stock. I actually bought one of each, stuck the Pi pin to the Nova patch, and I carry it around with me to any event where I might talk about the STEM Nova program so that I can show the scouts/parents/scouters what the awards actually look like.