Snack or not?

My son's Tiger DL used to in the beginning of the year, then a time or two one of the other moms brought something... The last bumch of meetings they've done nothing.

From the perspective of a parent, and now ADL, I'd just assume not. It seems more trouble than it's worth. The boys like to run around and play after the meeting and I think they could take it or leave it.

Again, if you are a DL or ADL you are pretty busy. Let the other parents decide ($1 a week or rotate or whatever). You concentrate on the program.

What happened with us is there was always a parent who had a little more money but usually didn't put in a lot of other effort. So they would "buy their way out" by providing snacks. Great--one less thing to worry about.

We had another Dad who was unemployed for a while. So cash was tight but he had time. So he did a lot of planning for activities, games, etc.

But I was in the "no snack" camp but stayed out of it.

Our CO has some pretty nice class rooms with carpet on them. I'm very much against snacks and we didn't even mention it until the day light savings started again and we were going to be mostly outside. We had one scout bring in a yoo hoo. Half of it he drank and the other half went on the floor. As a courtesy to the CO then I'm against it.