To Many Questions

I'm the Cubmaster, and I dropped in to visit our Wolf Den. Den leader and Assitant were doing a great job teaching Disibilty Awarness. Den Leader was having a little trouble with her son. He is a great kid and one of my over achivers. He was dominating for mom's attention with questions, and not letting give a equal amount of attention to the entire den. I took a moment to pull him asside and explain that mom has a job to teach and work with all the boys, and he would have to give the other a chance with questions. Anyone have any other idea's on how to help her out? Dad is home with younger sone 2 1/2, so he is not a option.

He needs to be more involved with the den program prep. He will have all the answers prior to the meeting and then he can help the other boys. He'll have more attention from mom and he can then channel his energy into more constructive use of time. I'm thinking a little "sibling" jealousy going on with mom giving attention to the other boys. Instead of being left out, get him involved.

Stosh

Is "mom" answering the questions by directing the answers to the individual asking or by directing the answers to the group as a whole?

If she's treating the questions as if they're coming from the group, then I think that's fine - he may be asking a lot of questions the other boys have but may be afraid to ask.

I'm not sure it was appropriate for the CM to pull the lad aside unless asked to do so by the Den Leader - if you have concerns, talk to the Den Leader and let them deal with it.

What happens next week if "mom" wonders why "Billy" isn't asking questions and "Billy" says "Mr. C. said I couldn't ask questions anymore"? I just wouldn't want to put myself in that situation. Let the Den Leader deal with den discipline.(This message has been edited by calicopenn)