Question about Cub Scout Leader Awards

>> he ran over to me and happily showed me his Youth religious knot and told me that when He became a uniformed Adult, he wanted knots just like mine.

Jay, that's an awesome story.

>> At every training event, I've gotten a card, and I've tracked the requirements that I did and turned them in.

>> assigning one of the Committee Members to track and prepare paperwork for all the scouters

This is the reason I'm using myself as the guinea pig - I haven't kept track of specifics and don't have any documentation of the stuff I've done, but I don't know how much it matters. So I can get this process sorted out and then introduce the other adults to the program (hopefully at the next Pack meeting).

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" I haven't kept track of specifics and don't have any documentation of the stuff I've done, but I don't know how much it matters."

It matters! WEll, it maters in most councils.

But there should still be records of what you did on the council level and should be some records for district level too.

Any training for your position should be kept on file by council. YPT,This is Scouting and/or Leaders Essentials, Leader specific, BALOO , and any and all of the SSD, SA, Weather, should also be in council records or online if you took it that way.

Check with your DE or round table coordinator about attendance. At our RT's, we have a sign in sheet that:

(1) Lets them know specifically who showed up

(2) Which units may be missing out on alot of info and help from the district /council.

If you have not set up a profile on Scouting.org, do so as soon as possible. Part of your profile will be tieing in your scout id number to your name.

You can then actually search your training through "training validation" and it will pull up any (National) records that exist for your training, including dates