Tiger Twilight Camp

Wednesday, July 20th will begin my third stint as the Tiger Twilight Camp Director for my district. I have eleven Tiger Cubs and partners signed up, and I just sent them out an opening e-mail welcoming them to the program.

Anyone else leading or participating in a Tiger Cub Camp this summer?

Anyone done this and had especially good experiences they would like to share?

We did our Cub Scout Day Camp this year. First year, and we were there to lead our boys. Ended up with 4 of our boys and 10 from other packs. There were 6 or 8 groups like that.

Don't have everything set up on a slow computer. Don't have one person doing all the check-ins, registrations, etc. Don't have the slow computer and the one person be the only person who knows what is going on.

The program was great, at our camp. It was the director and her lack of planning which caused so many problems.

My DC's orientation is tomorrow, so I will know for sure how many Tigers we get. in 2009 we had 1, my son, last year 0, and this year 1. We are merging him with the Wolves.

Our program is very simple, based upon what the Cubs want; BB Guns, Archery, Fishing, and water games. We also throw in, for lack of a better word, Advancement area doing crafts, games, and hikes.

our district cub scout twilight camp was two weeks ago. had the boys divided into tiger/wolf, bear, and webelos groups. the only tigers in our group were three boys, all of which required to have a parent present (all of the parents were leaders - CM, ACM, and a DL). The tigers did well, most difficult part was the first day (they didnt know what to expect), and the need to assist them more with the archery and BB guns. I wish the district had some smaller Daisy buck bb guns for the tigers.

Our Tiger Twilight Camp is held at the same location as the Cub Scout day camp, but this is in the district and no more than a 6-7 mile drive from anywhere in the district.

The first two evenings the Tiger Twilight Camp starts a couple hours after the Cub Scout Day Camp closes, so the Tigers can use any activity without interference.