how to update profile

I just recently finally recieved my registration number from our council. I have taken all the online trainings, plus I took two classes at Pow Wow back in November.Into to Cub Scouting and Cub Scout Den Leader. They told us to go online and record that we had taken those Pow Wow classes. I do not see where I do that. I see the profile and all my online trainings, but nowhere to record those extra classes. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks.

You don't record your trainings. Council does that. It's be too easy for anybody to just type in they took training in everything offered.

But what you can do is go to your profile, and edit in your BSA id number to your account . If you did not have a number before, all you had was a name and some info. Edit it and put in your BSA ID # and your council name.

This will then tie all the info in together,. May take a few hours to a week, but it will eventually mesh together.

Now, after this is done, all future trainings will automatically sync up to your profile.

In my council, it took a couple of months before a class I took at University of Scouting showed up in my record, but it eventually did.

To view all of your training (not just the online courses) online, after you log in, click on "Training Validation" on the left side of the screen.

A new window will open. Click the button for "All Training", and then enter your scouting.org Username (or membership number), and it will show you a list of all of your courses. If it's been a few months, the live classes should be listed there. If not, your council will need to add them.

Thanks a bunch. I just put my ID number and Council on there today. I'm going to show our Cubmaster what I completed at the next Pack meeting. I have the lttle cards they gave me. Of course at the time I took the courses I had no ID #. It seems I got lost for awhile, but appeared after the "recharter"...and I have no clue as to what that means. Thanks again.

Go out and buy a baseball card collector type photo album. Put those cards from training in there and save them.

If for some reason the council "loses" any of your info or myscouting somehow dumps the info, this is your backup files.

Not all councils record attendance at Pow Wow or University of Scouting. I have attended numerous of these events. No individual classes show up on my training record. The whole day Roundtable Conference I attended as part of the College of Commissioner Science is recorded, but no other codes have been entered.

When I went to BALOO, it was recorded as BALOO...which , is correct.

When I went to Pow-Wow, it was recorded as Pow-Wow, not the 6 individaul break down subjects. But again, this is just in my council, and not on a National registry.

Probably cause PW is not a specific skill or class , nor is it a safety thing like SSD, SA . YPT, WP, etc...

I thought I had to take those two Pow Wow classes to be fully trained. Guess not. Anyhow all my on-line trainings are showing up. Cubmaster says I need to take the Wolf online training now.How do I get the TRAINED patch? Does the CM give it to me or do I just go out and buy it?

FDepends on your pack.

In our pack, we buy our own. But I decided that as CM, starting next year, I'm gonna buy one for each leader who has it.

I will present it to them at a pack meeting when they earn it.

Might set me back around $40.00 at first, but then after that,

looking at maybe $7 or $8 a year

Ok. This is a little bit off that topic, but since it took them so long to get my registration number, does that mean it took that long to do a background check? That concerned me, because I felt like if they didn't really process my paperwork, yet allowed me to be Den Leader, that is not very good security. Do people that don't pass the background checks pop up right away when they turn in the apps?

First, your CO should do some sort of basic minimal check. If nothing else, check references and see if you have a red flag locally.

As far as BSA, they check it first. Once your turn out okay, the pace slows down a bit. Getting info, putting it in the system isn't the only thing they do, so it get shuffled in with everything else.

But I'll say this: Your number was in the system before you found out what it was by getting the id card.

Not sure about other councils, but ours only prints cards in numbers. Not individual. Might be your number was in the system fora little while, but they only recently printed up a handful of cards.

I knew that I was in the system when the following two things happened:

1. Scouting magazine showed up in mailbox. In fact, I think I got two issues the same day.

2. When I was poking around scouting.org, I clicked on the link for "Tour Permits" (which is still there, but you're not supposed to use, if I understand correctly). When I clicked on that, it showed my Pack number.

It was a few months later that the CC handed me my membership card.