rules for which pack to attend

We are LDS and our ward was recently split, so now my sons are attending cub scouts with a different pack. They do not like the new pack anywhere near as much as the old pack with our old ward, so my question is, is there any rule that would prevent them from joining and meeting with their old pack from our previous ward? Thanks!

My Asst DL in our pack is the CM for his ward's pack. His son chooses to be in our Non LDS pack because he wants to stay in his den with his friends from school. Even when he turns 8 this year, and is eligible to join the ward's pack, he still wants to stay with our pack.

It certainly is whatever the boy chooses.

Go where you and your son get the best Scouting experience. I've seen so many boys join Pack that go throuh the motions simply because they thought they "had to". Search around and choose (carefully) the one you think will offer the most enriching and fun activity.

gldiii, "We are LDS and our ward was recently split, so now my sons are attending cub scouts with a different pack. They do not like the new pack anywhere near as much as the old pack with our old ward, so my question is, is there any rule that would prevent them from joining and meeting with their old pack from our previous ward? Thanks!"

Ward splits and boundary changes are always a hard thing especially if you really liked your ward and now your in another ward or maybe even a whole new ward.

However, it important that you teach your youth that they should attend the activities of their new ward in order to build and strengthen the ward. This includes scout meetings as they are a intricate part of the ward program. Units sponsored by LDS wards for the most part are much different than units from other churches as they tend to have more ward leadership involvement than other church units who only provide a place to meet and offer very little more.

I would suggest that you as parents get involved with the pack of your new ward and help make it a good unit, so that all the boys will enjoy the pack. Look at what the old pack was doing that made it fun and enjoyable and help move the pack in that direction for the good of all the boys in the pack and all the boys yet to join the pack.