Make a gift elective 9b for wolf den

In my son's Wolf den, we got Home Depot or Lowes to donate a bunch of wooden kits they had left over and the boys built it. Then they wrapped it with newspaper (recycle) and tied it with a knot (another requirement but don't know which one) and then gave it as a gift to whomever they wanted.(This message has been edited by tdk101)

We started this last year at Blue/ Gold and will continue the tradition this year and keep the spirit alive for years to come. Every boy brings a shoe box to a den meeting and we wrap the shoe box.

We then fill the shoe boxes with toiletry items (Toothpaste, toothbrush, brush, etc.) These become our centerpieces for our tables at B/G.

After B/G we give these to a local charity that takes them to homeless shelters and distributes them to kids. We usually ask the parents to contact their family dentist to donate sample toothbrushes and toothpaste to the cause.

Here is the list of items we sent out to the parents, for what we can put in these boxes.

Toiletry items:

Combs/Brushes

travel size shampoo

soap

Purell

Tissues (purse packs)

Washcloths

Toothbrushes

Fun Stuff:

Yo-Yo

Hot Wheels

Playing Cards (These come 2 decks for $1) Can put one deck in each box.

Colored Pencils/Crayons/Markers

Pens/Pencils

Drawing paper/plain paper/Small notepads

Modeling clay type stuff

Sidewalk chalk

Flashlight

Glow Sticks (Dollar Store)

Marbles

Tech decks

Something I'm probably going to try for next year, but will take a little bit of planning, are the Christmas Jars project.

You hand out pickle jars, peanut butter jars, whatever, and you collect your spare change throughout the year.

At the end of the year, have the boys pick out somebody randomly who they feel could use some extra financial help at the end of the year. They could do this anonymously or however they want to do it.

I plan on buying a copy of the book and giving it to all my den leaders, hopefully to inspire them.

www.christmasjars.com(This message has been edited by OwnTheNight)

We have done serveral things that count. We made a rooster recipe holder for Mother's Day and a key shaped key hanger for Father's Day. This year we will be making a picture frame for Mom. Not sure what we'll make for Dad this year.(This message has been edited by austinole)