Has anyone heard of this? (AOL arrow question)

I'm not sure how ours is going to turn out... it'll get interesting.

We run 2 packs combined. My pack's tradition was for the boys to do their own career arrows - they do the striping - a reflection on their career. The parents helped/did the plaques, and the kids are given them at B&G.

My thought was that every W2 had a "career" - so everyone did one, with AOL plaques for those who earned, and plain for those who didn't.

Since's it's only a few weeks away, I think we (leaders) are going to end up doing them ourselves.

The other pack's W2s - they're doing arrow plaques for AOL only (arrows, but not career arrows), and they are a suprise for the kids!

And I need to reconcile the presentation for our combined B&G!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clem.......I remember that quote and feel that way about den graduation ceremony's. In a nutshell the only thing the scout has to do is exchange oxygen on a regular basis to qualify for it.

Now the AOL ceremony is the cub equivalent of an Eagle court of honor. I see it as being worth of a ceremony.

But wondering out loud here. Is this why we lose so many boys soon after crossover? They go from being big dog, lots of ceremony's, monthly pack meetings to next to nothing. Most COH's I have attended are pretty dry and lacking in ceremony.....Plus BS advancement lacks the little pins and do dads that they had become accustomed too.