Because of the rethread on this post, I set this up for our pack meeting tonight. With Blue and Gold on Saturday, we weren't going to do much advancement, so this seemed perfect. Over the last few den meetings, the boys have been wrapping boxes for our B/G centerpieces. We have parents bring supplies from a preset list..Hand sanitizer, hairbrush, toothbrush, shampoo, toothpaste, hot wheels cars, deck of cards, drawing tablet, crayons, etc. The boys then fill these boxes with the items and after B/G, we donate them to a local homeless shelter or women's shelter for the children that don't have anything. Well we had everybody bring an unopened bag of socks to the meeting tonight, I managed to pick up a couple of shipping cardboard boxes, some Duct tape for the DMZ, and let the kids go nuts. They absolutely had a blast. Of course they started to get creative by taking 4 or 5 pair of socks and stuffing them in to 1 sock to make a huge " snowball". The best look of surprise I got, was when they were done, I told them they had to find the matched pair of socks for every pair, since we would be putting these socks in the gift boxes for the donations... Priceless

OwntheNight, that was a superb idea for how to end it! I say this as the poor Cubmaster who stuck myself with the job of re-pairing socks that had lost their mates or been re-mated with an unmatched partner. Out of 200 pair, there were surprisingly quite a few in that state!