Webelos Scientist pin

In Requirement # 12 --

"Show in three different ways how your eyes work together..."

Does anyone know what the three different ways are? Is it

1-see things in three dimensions? (I guess brain does this - does it count?)

2-adjust for light & dark

3-?????

My son is doing this pin on his own, and I could use some help!

dmillar

Thank you! I totally forgot about the online plans -- and about the Webelos Leader book sitting on my shelf. I'll have to look at the online plans for my son's remaining few pins -- the online plans have some different info from the the leader guide. Nice to have both!

None of the guides/sites EXACTLY answers the question, IMHO. So, I guess I will not obsess about it.

I don't think the requirement is asking for _the_ three ways in which the eyes work together. It is asking for three of the many ways in which they work together.

So a good #3 would be that the eyes track together while following an object. To demonstrate this, you can move a finger back and forth in front of the subject's eyes, and everyone (other than the subject) will observe that the two eyes travel in unison.

Depth perception!

Two eyes are better than one. If you ever have to wear a patch over one eye for medical reasons, most Dr's will ask you to get a ride home, or take extra time and driver really slow because you lose a signifigant amount of depth perception...even if you don't realize it.

LOL! Elementary school is way tougher than it used to be.

My 4th grade son's math alone is asstounding:

"Write a word problem and corrulating word picture to associate the following problem:

SAY WHAT? What happened to just using multiplication to solve the answer? Now you have to write a sentance and draw a picture too?

Wow...

"Demetrius has a raisin farm and has determined that each #8 box can hold 83 raisins. If the Kellogs cereal company needs to fill 214 boxes of Raisin Bran, and one #8 box of raisins will fill one Raisin Bran box, how many raisins must Demetrius pick (assuming the raisins are ripe) to fulfill the order, if Kelloggs makes the order??"