Page Load Times and Slowness of SCOUTER.com

• Administrators

Many of you have reported noticing that the SCOUTER.com pages are loading slow for the past several days. This actually doesn't have much to do with the new features of the forums, it is a result of deactivating one of our database servers for upgrades. We'll be reactivating the database server again within 72 hours... so be please be patient.

TERRY HOWERTON

You know, when I have a question or a complaint about any of the suppliers I use at work, more often than not I either can't get a response, or it's some kind of B.S. story that I just know has no basis in reality.

It's nice to see that somewhere, not only can I get a straight answer about a problem I am experiencing, without excuses, but I can get the answer without even asking the question! I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that this is a SCOUTING forum?

Thanks Terry! I thought I had been doing something that caused it.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

This site has lost it's fun. Web site not responding, Web site not responding, can't get into to a site, can't open a page, can't respond, web site not responding, web site not respoding, web site not responding, web site not responding, web site not responding, sign of

Web site not responding

slow response time, slower response time, wait, wait wait, wait, wait, wait(This message has been edited by Fuzzy Bear)

I second Fuzzy Bear on the recent slowness of the site.

Then again, the "Web site not responding" message usually appears when I try to open threads in the "Issues and Politics" forum, with philosophical subjects, probably including at least one doctortal dissertation length post (with footnotes and citations).

Would the length of a post affect the ability to open the thread, since I am able to open threads with more, shorter postings?

Thanks Terry.

• 1 month later...

meanpc, perhaps I don't have the same perspective that others do. The site seems to be running as fast as any other site I visit. I really don't understand the slowness complaints. Especially when I watch some of our rotund leaders negotiating steep hills, get my drift? Anyway, maybe it's different with a modem. Oh well.

"SCOUTER-Terry, Please don't be offended by the habitual whiners and complainers. I think the site is great."

Hey, I think that I'm one of the biggest habitual complainers (never a whiner) and I haven't said word one about any problems. Never look a gift horse in the patoot is what my Granny always said.

• 3 weeks later...

When ever I post anything, I get a message that tells me that the server closed the connection. The message posts but the message is aggravating.

When I tried to change my email address, I got the same error when I tried to go to "Preferences" or "Profile."

Also, if I try to go directly to www.scouter.com/forums, I get an HTTP error. No problems if I go to forums from the main page.