Slingshot Excitement

What can we do to make the slingshot station more exciting?

I'm director for the district archery/BB academy. We have 5 stations - archery, BB, slingshot, boomerang and something else (hopefully catapults this year). In my opinion, the slingshot area is one of the weakest links. We shoot dog food and about 10 paintballs per boy at targets. How can we liven that up?

here's a scenario

Battle of Naboo in SW ep 1TPM, and you are a Gungan taking aim at battle droids. Using aluminum pie pans attached to a string ( so they can move backwards when hit) and glue battle droid and droidekas pictures for targets.

Weve used liter and half liter plastic bottles for targets. They make a nice thump sound when hit and if you set them up right you can knock a bunch down at once. You could call it Sling Shot Bowling. You could also decorate the bottles as zombies (battling zombie hordes appears to be very popular these days) or other monsters. If you have the caps you might want to put a little water in for weight. The only drawback is you have to stop the action every so often to set the targets back up. The kids dont seem to mind.

For ammo weve used 1 superballs with a tarp as a backdrop to slow them down.

YIS

Mike

(This message has been edited by DYB-Mike)

I think with some 12volt gadgets you could hook up a bell/light/buzzer and make your range active. Plan on using a car battery for source, and surplus stuff for the range.

Maybe use some plastic paddles or spinners to activate stuff. Set it up for "momentary" contact so it does not activate all day.

Pop up targets on a belt/timer would be cool.

Empty coffee tins hung upside down on a string give a nice ring and jiggle for awhile when hit.

Do head to head competitions using 3 knock downs and a bell-ringer. First to knock down his 3 targets and ring the bell (cofe tin) wins.