What should I expect as a Wolf denleader this fall?

I was a tiger cub den leader last year and will be leading the same boys into the wolf program this fall. What are the major differences I can expect this year with this program and are there any good online resources I can check ou

Thanks so much!

Cool! Your still sticking to it instead of steppping down!

First of all, parent involvement, while still important, will be different. With Wolves, you do not have a "parent buddy" or whatever you like to call them.

You kinda transition to more ofa teacher witha class for lack of a better way to describe it. The scouts are a little bit more responcible for what they do, how they listen and how they act.

But they are also older, so they connect the dots alot better.

You should already be familiar with great resources: Cub Scout how to book: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/hispanic/english/33832_WEB.pdf

Cub Scout activity book ( at you local scout store)

Boy Scout Trail has lots of rank and age appropriate ideas, crafts and activities as welas ceremonies and lessons:

http://www.boyscouttrail.com/

But in reality, having served a year already, you probably have the best ideas of what to do with the boys in your den .

While I am in the same boat, i.e. just finished being a TCDL and moving up to CSDL, I've been around awhile.

EXPECT THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!! ;) ( AND YES i'M SHOUTING 'CAUSE IT A FUN TRIP) I just finished CSDC and it was a blast.

The new resource book is good. Yes it's different form what we are use to, but it has a very good structure to it. Like any BSA material, modify it to your circumstances.

Also if you can, I'd advise a Den Chief as well. Make sure you use him, or her if it's female Venturer, wisely as they are an excellent resource. My DC also worked CSDC with guys form the den and other wolves, and he was OUTSTANDING!

Have Fun and relax!

Gem,

Fun,Fun,and more Fun. The wolf year is a great year! This is the year that boys get to put their hands on a lot of things, and there is still plenty of time for getting requirements completed. This is my second go round with a wolf den, and I look forward to this year a lot. Think outside the box for activities, you've been given a lot of good resources so far, use them all. These boys are like sponges, they can't get enough!!Good Luck this year.

Without a doubt the most fun year! Cool things to do and you can improvise quite a bit. The boys have a better understanding of scouting and are more willing to contribute. My Wolf den was my focus group for my Wood Badge Ticket so I may be tainted.

Thank you all for the support. Leading the tigers my first year was sort of like the school of hard knocks, but still a lot of fun. I told myself, "I have to come back another year so I can take advantage of what I learned my first year!" My biggest challenge will be finding a good assistant leader. I'm guessing that's a requirement because of the "two-deep" leadership standard with the kids"