I'm a second year Webelos Den Leader. At day camp my den became clicky and left scouts from the same den out. Each day it seemed to change who was "in". I'm looking for team building exercises that would work well for 2nd year Webelos.

Some natural "hanging with buddies" will occur at camp, but you need to stress "NO ONE IS LEFT OUT OR BEHIND"

Games are good, but maybe you need to get the point across without making it obvious or lecturing.

Assign some task to the DEN during the day. Make sure you tell the "DEN" you'll hand out the "DEN-reward" at the end of the day when they tell you the "DEN" completed the task.

----------Day Camp Example:

Okay Den "4", today every time you complete a game today I wanna hear the "den yell".

Maybe sprinkle in comments during the day like:

"it's not a DEN yell if you ALL aren't yelling it"

"anyone else hear any dens of 1"?

"Webelos DENS are either early, late or on time but they are always a DEN. If a den member is missing, a DEN is just not there yet.

At the end of the day the "carrot" could be mini-3 Musketeers bars (subtle as a brick, I know).

At the end of the day.....when they expect to earn the reward.....

You say, (get the den to "repeat after me") "ALL-for-1, ...... 1-for-ALL...."

unless you guys think I should say,

"All-for-some, and some-not-for-All-if-it's-not-convenient-because-we-ran-off..."?

Hand the "reward" to the Webelos DEN and walk away.

I think this is it..... but I probably would not use it.

http://www.usscouts.org/usscouts/games/game_t.asp

Wind in the Willows

A variation on trust falls involving the entire group. Group stands in a circle with one person in the middle. Person in middle falls in any direction, trusting spotters to catch him/her and stand him/her back up.

Picture a tight circle around a center figure....as the circle widens it gets more difficult.(This message has been edited by dg98adams)