Good "problem" to have!

I have a unique issue that has just presented itself within the last couple of weeks. I'm going into my second year as CM of a Pack that has grown from the brink of death to a large (at least for this area) dynamic and fun Pack. I have several new leaders that have volunteered over the past few months to run the Dens and to staff our NEW Pack Committee. Now that I have all of the "usual" positions filled I have another adult volunteer coming to me asking (gasp!) to help!

Our Pack leadership looks something like this: CM (me), ACM, CC, 5 Committee members (1 from each Den), TDL, WDL, BDL, WIDL, WIIDL.

The person who has approached me does NOT have a son in the Den. Her connection is through her sister-in-law (my CC) who has a son in our Wolf Den.

Where can I put her? She wants to start us a Facebook page (which I think is a great idea), she wants to help research and plan events, go camp with us, and anything else that we need. I RIGHT AWAY agreed to let her, but I'm trying to figure out what to call her. Some titles I've thrown around are: "Events coordiator" (but what would her duties be?), Den Coach (same question), and Pack Assistant (kind of a broad title).

Any thoughts?

Why do you have to call her anything? She can be a committee member who takes on whatever tasks need to be done and that she is willing to or you could call her an assistant cubmaster if you really feel a title is necessary. You are allowed to have more than one ACM and her duties could be more administrative in nature than your current ACM. But for my money, get her registered, on the committee and invovled. By going that route, you will continue to show parents that they do not need to take on a "job" (read title) to contribute.

Den leaders do NOT an entire Committee make.

Have her take BALOO training and make her your "Outings Chair". Make her the "Public Relations Chair" and give her the green light to do that Facebook Page.

Here are BSA's descriptions of some of the Pack Committee positions -

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/CubScouts/AboutCubScouts/ThePack/pcomm.aspx

Put her on the committee she sounds like someone who just wants to be involved and will do just about anything you need done with in reason. Ask her what she wants to do and then let her do it with the knowledge that she has the backing of the other members of the committee. Every committee chair prays for a person like this. Just don't take advantage and burn her out.

Her "offical" title on the roster is "committee member". Get her application, get the $15 and get teh background check done. Have her do YPG and Fast Start online and you're good to go.

In the 'un-offical' title she can be 'events coordinator' or whatever hat you need her to wear at the time.

Not to turn her off, but a popcorn kernel is a very good thing to have for fundraising, so is a B&G planner, and an all around "camp forms coordinator". Those are THREE very important jobs that usually do not overlap and could be done by ONE volunteer at different times of the program year (popcorn in the fall, B&G in Feb, and camp forms in the spring / summer).

That's my 2-cents, don't EVER turn away help. How about ACM2, with an emphasis on taking over in a year or two? Really good leaders are ALWAYS looking for their replacement :)