Inviting new families to our Pack Campout..? allowed?

One word: YES!!!

1) You're doing family camping. Cub Camping is Family Camping.

2) You're recruiting.

3) I don't know a Professional out there who does not understand trying to increase membership.

Nothing I write here is hard based with research in BSA literature; I'm trying to apply common sense to the situation.

Yah, WestCoast. No problem. All of da BSA insurance coverage specifically allows having guests along for recruiting purposes, and all BSA camps will welcome guests with a unit for that purpose.

Proceed without worries.

Beavah

It is PACK FAMILY camping, not camping with family and friends.

Your Pack should make it plain that Pack activities include Pack members, families of Pack members, youth and their families that the Pack is recruiting to be Pack members, and possibly District volunteers (like your UC).

That is it.

Tell the family to invite their guests on their own private trip. Cub Scout camping is not a free vacation camping club.

A few years ago, two families showed up at our pack picnic with a whole slew of kids. No one knew who they were but someone had invited them to come. Both have become deeply involved in our Pack and now troop. Like Committee Chair involved. We have also successfully recruited scouts who came to our campout.

As for the unattached adult friends, I'm sorta with Scoutnut. I would be leery. I see too many opportunities for conflicting agendas.

On the other hand, several years our pack's advancement chairman was a single lady who was a good friend of one of the pack families. She volunteered to be our advancement chairman the same as she may have volunteered to help any other community organization. I would have had no problem whatsoever with her camping with us. As I recall, she in fact attended several campouts, but went home at bed time along with a number of moms.