We're having a Pack Campout this weekend! This will be the first time (under current leadership) that our Pack has organized and held a Campout with just our own folks.

We've got our Den Chiefs (2) hosting a couple of beltloop activities plus I've planned a couple of other things...but what else have you seen that would work well for a group of about 15-20 boys and parents?

I was thinking nature scavenger hunt, flag retirement, and of course cooking, but anything else?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Look in your BALOO training packet. There are a number of activity ideas in the handouts.

What kind of facilities are available at the campground? In the area around the campground? Make use of those facilities available to you.

This song went over well with our group around the campfire last year (have printed copies):

(Tune: Take Me Out to the Ball Game)

Take me out to the forest.

Let me hike in the wild.

Show me a skunk and a few bear tracks.

I won't care if I never come back.

But it's look, look, at your compass.

If it rains, then it pours.

And it's ouch, slap, sting and you're bit

In the great outdoors!

Bits and pieces of sports equipment -- a ball, frisbee, badminton rackets... for the in-between times.

I read a not-quite-spooky story right before bed (try your library for something -- "Scary stories for Sleepovers is a popular series), and that was a nice bridge to bedtime.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very easy & free craft that our boys will do.

Get a thick, dead tree branch cut into flat round slices. Hot glue them onto slices of PVC pipe to make neckerchief slides. Boys can decorate the flat surface either with objects or use markers.

It is such the 2 minute craft. But the prep work is minimal, and the boys will have a nice souvenir that they can wear as a pack in the future.