Bear Outdoor Activity Award

If this has been answered, please point me in the direction of that answer. Otherwise . . .

One of my Bears is working on his Outdoor Activity Award which at the Bear level requires a Cub to earn the Leave No Trace Award. We all earned LNT last year as Wolves. Does he have to "re-earn" the LNT Award to get his Bear Outdoor Activity Award?

Thanks!

Just working from memory here, but I think that he does need to re-earn the LNT, as the requirements for a Bear to earn LNT are slightly different from the requirements for a Wolf to earn LNT. You might want to check the Wolf and Bear handbooks on that.

Also, I believe that all of the requirements to earn the Outdoor Activity Award have to be completed within the specific rank year.

From the BSA National site on the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award -

>>"Tiger Cubs, Wolf and Bear Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts have the opportunity to earn the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award. Boys may earn the award in each of the program years as long as the requirements are completed each year."

Items used/earned in one rank or optional rank level award may NOT be counted in the next rank. This also applies to Scouting year since you may only work on your appropriate rank. The only exception to this is that since the Webelos program spans 12-24 months, items worked on in their first Webelos year can apply to something in their second webelos year IF it was not used for another requirement.

1.Discuss with your leader or parent/guardian the importance of the Leave No Trace frontcountry guidelines.

2.On three separate outings, practice the frontcountry guidelines of Leave No Trace.

3.Boys in a Tiger Cub den complete the activities for Achievement 5, Let's Go Outdoors;

boys in a Wolf den complete Requirement 7, Your Living World;

boys in a Bear den complete Requirement 12, Family Outdoor Adventures;

boys in a Webelos den earn the Outdoorsman activity badge.

4.Participate in a Leave No Trace-related service project.

5.Promise to practice the Leave No Trace frontcountry guidelines by signing the Cub Scout Leave No Trace Pledge.

6.Draw a poster to illustrate the Leave No Trace frontcountry guidelines and display it at a pack meeting.

Sounds to me like a re-earn is the requirements. But if you have an active outdoor program then this should not be a problem.