Tiger Cub Immediate Recognition Emblem Question

How do you keep the the beads on the strings? We've tried various methods of looping the strings through the beads, knots, changing the strings to waxed cording that holds knots better, everything we can think of. But I still have a den of Tiger Cubs with empty totems that should be full, asking for replacement beads.

So what do you do with your Tigers? Wolfs too, same problem.

Yep, using the last bead on the string as an anchor, and locking it in place, works great. Loop the cord back up, over, and through the top hole in the last bead again.

This works for all of the Immediate Recognition beads for Tiger, Wolf, and Bear.

I've tried that several times. It didn't work for us. I can't speak for the other boys, but I know my son doesn't mess with them, just his normal activity at den and pack meetings was enough for them to work loose and fall off.

Any other ideas?

Like WestCoastScouter, I double over the poly-string (or whatever it's called) so that there are two ends of the sting going through each bead.

Then at the bottom, I tied a knot and pulled it very tight.

That's done the trick - no beads have fallen off yet from my sons of any of the other boys in the den.

If you are having the bottom bead fall off even after looping the string over and through a second time there could be a few reasons.

Might be that your string is to short. There should be about 1.5-2 inches left hanging after going through the second time.

Try leather cording. It has more friction/traction than the plastic stuff.

Pulling the cord through the bottom bead usually works, but sometimes it pulls out. If you still have problems, you can do what I did. I went to a craft store and bought a roll of leather cord, cut it to size and gave it to each of the boys. It's a little harder to slide the beads on the cord, but we haven't had a single lost bead all year.