Movie Suggestion

Depends alot on your parents and your Charter organization.

In our case, since we have a very conservative CO & parents, some that would be considered obvious are not good choices. For example, Down & Derby has been complained about because of the shower scene. Monsters vs. Aliens has been considered a no go because of certain references to female body parts and the "parking" scene.

Make sure it is a movie that you have seen so that you can evaluate it, then consider your parents and CO.

We are going snow tubing at a ski resort. It was a huge hit last year. Unlike skiing you don't have to have any lessons, just hop on a tube and sled down the hill.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Sandlot and Goonies were a couple other suggestions I got.

The bus company just called us. To make a long story short - they are double booked. So now we will have 2 smaller buses. At least they still have a bathroom and DVD/screens. Our leaders decided to go with Night at the Museum 1 on the way up and 2 on the way back. Now we will have to have 4 movies or swap on the way back.

Going out on a limb here....I would not suggest a movie at all. Ask each kids to bring something to do/share on the ride: play cards, read a book, sing songs, play silly face games, look out the window, make paper copies of Bus BINGO, let them just talk.

Some of my favorite times as a leader has been how invisible I get while driving a car. You can learn all kids of things. Some of the Scouts funniests remember when's are things that actually happened during the ride. Kids are really tightly controlled in school where they might mainly know each other. No talking except lunch (maybe) and recess and the bus ride.

Once they get over not being plugged in (what no movie or DS???), they do fine.