where do you get your Free Crafts

Hello to all. I was thinking the other day and was wondering what you all did for your crafts for all of your levels. Where do you get your free crafts. What kind of things do you use. Lets think outside of the box.

I recently had someone contact me about giving me a lot of old mailing tubes. I still have to go and pick them up.

Where is everyone else getting there free stuff and what are you doing with it.

Whole lot of stuff available at your friendly neighborhood flooring store!

Cardboard rolls of all sizes (thick ones from the carpet, light duty ones they ship trim inside of.)

Scraps of everything they sell - wood, tile, vinyl ... If it's under 6 X 8 we toss it in the dumpster.

Last years samples, we get new ones every year, who know there were so many names for beige.

Household recycling. Get all your den families to contribute stuff they might normally chuck out...

Paper towel/TP/wrapping paper tubes

Scrap paper, cardboard

Yogurt cups

Scrap cloth (old blue jeans make great Possibles Bags)

Metal cans

CDs

Paper milk cartons

Soda bottles

Newspapers

Greeting cards ... etc.

Think to nature as well: pinecones, rocks, leaves, flowers, sand.

My father, who was a co-den leader, was a huge pack rat and had a giant garage. If he needed some scrap wood or some thin pieces of metal for a den project, he'd just go back in there, rummage around and emerge victorious. Find that dad or mom in your den (there's always one) who can't bear to throw stuff away.

Also ask around - if any parents work in the building or electrical trades, chances are they throw a ton of "scrap" away each day - think metal, wire, tubing, plastic, wood... It's usually perfect stuff for Genius Kits or other activities.

Hi there, I get some project kits from Home Depo and Lowes stores. These are kits that are for kids clinics that have in their stores. They usually have left overs from previous dates and when asked, they have always gave us some. My wife just picked up 8 for me. Some of the kits are very handy or just fun for kids to make, give them a try. hope this helps.